Monday, October 7, 2013

Caleb's Birthday-2 Parts




We ended up celebrating Caleb's birthday over two different times.  On his actual birthday we had a family party with cake, ice cream and we opened his gifts.  He was very excited and surprised to get the Skylanders game that he has really been wanting.  The next weekend we had a Lego Party with his friends. 






The Lego Party was so much fun.  We had about 10 boys and girls that he invited plus our kids.  We played a lot of different Lego games like who can build the tallest tower and design something with a random bag of Legos.  They had to transfer Legos from one plate to another using a straw.  I made cupcakes topped with chocolate mini figures.  For Goody bags I found Lego brick candy and I also found these neat plastic pill boxes that I filled with Lego goodies such as brick erasers and pencils.  I decided to make crayon mini figures with the mold that I bought.  It ended up being very costly because I burned out the microwave making them.  That resulted in a somewhat funny, though not at the time, story. I didn't want to buy a brand new microwave so I started searching for one on Craig's List.  I found one that seemed like a good deal for $35.  I met the people one day to pick it up excited at my good deal.  Everything was great except for one important detail, I forgot to measure the opening.  Turns out it was too big.  We could put it on the counter but it would take up a lot of room.  Luckily Keith came to the rescue and cut out the opening bigger so that it could fit, although the cabinet door does rub a bit.  I sure hope the kids enjoyed those Lego crayons!

No comments:

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates