![]() |
| Mountain Biking |
![]() |
| It was so much fun and I didn't even crash! |
| Hiking |
| Manitou Gardens |
| We rode in style |
Ever since my dear friend Muffin moved to Spokane four years ago, I planned to visit. I decided this was the perfect year. All my kids are in school so I could leave them for a few days during the week. My amazing parents picked them up from school and watched them until Keith got home from work. They drove kids all over town and took such great care of them. Keith played Mom and Dad and did an amazing job!! I am so grateful they all helped me to make it possible. I flew out Wednesday evening and flew home late Saturday afternoon. I had such a great time. Spokane is so beautiful, I love the trees and mountains They are not as tall as the Rockies, but they have a beauty all their own. We went mountain biking twice and it was such a blast. Muffin was super patient with my beginner skills. We also did a gorgeous hike with amazing views of the valley. We went out to dinner and ate the best food. We also had an amazing brunch at a danish restaurant. It was so yummy! Muffin has great taste in food, so I always know I'm in for a treat when she picks a restaurant. We saw the movie "Unbroken; Path to Redemption" and we loved it so much. It had such an inspiring message. We also went to try Huckleberry ice cream, huckleberries are huge in Washington. It did not disappoint, it was delicious. I would describe them as a cross between a blueberry and a blackberry. We also got to drive around in style in the jeep. We kept the top off and it was heavenly. The best part was getting to spend quality time with Muff and to see her life there. Her home is so beautiful and peaceful and her family is so great. Muff and I got to talk and talk and talk some more. No matter how much time we spend apart, we just pick up right where we left off. We have insightful conversations and we we share our challenges and our joys. She is the best kind of friend you could hope for, kind, loyal and true. I am so grateful for our 31 years of friendship! My life is definitely better for having her in it.


No comments:
Post a Comment