Remains of my shirtSo in the Tracey family we like to keep things exciting. The other day I was making dinner and needed to boil some water. I accidentally turned on the big burner for my small pan. It was all heated up and so I thought that I will just quickly heat up the water. I set the pot on the burner and turned around to talk to Eli. My back started to feel warm, then really warm. Then I saw flames shooting up my back. My shirt was on fire. I ran over tot he sink, and leaned over backwards trying to get the flames out. I quickly realized that was futile. Eli was crying and Lauren came in. She saw me in fire and freaked out. So I am trying to stay calm and comfort her. Meanwhile the flames are huge on my back. I finally just ripped my shirt, bra and under clothes off all in one motion, threw them in the sink and finally got the fire out. I got dressed and calmed the kids down. The whole time Caleb sat clueless, watching cartoons.
Things I learned from catching on fire:
1. Linen burns quickly
2. Caleb is completely undependable in an emergency situation
3. You can get your clothes off pretty quick if needed(you don't even have to undo your bra)
4. I can't even be on fire without having to focus and take care of my kids needs
2 comments:
That is unbelievable! I'm glad you are okay! Caleb's reaction, or lack thereof, is priceless.
Thanks for the teaching points; I'd rather learn through someone else's experience rather than my own in this situation!
Emmy
I want my daughter to wear fire proof clothing and my son in law to wear a helmet. I am going to have a talk with my three precious Grandchildren and have them bug there parents about this. Love, Nana
Post a Comment