Saturday, June 14, 2008

Escargot Anyone?

Come on try it, you'll like it! He managed to coax the snail out of the shell

I love the look of concentration on his face with outstretched tongue.
PS: The dark stuff on his face is remnants of dinner, not snail slime!



The kids admiring the snails they caught

Yes I have actually tried escargot and it wasn't that bad. I guess if you put enough butter and garlic on something it is bound to taste ok. The kids have discovered snails in out yard. Not good for the garden, but it has proved hours of entertainment for them. They love to coax them out of the shells. I try hard not to think about the germ factor, they ooze this kind of slime. Does anybody know if snails carry super nasty germs or diseases? I make them sanitize their hands after they have had their fun! We put them in a dish and have snail races, they can move faster than their reputation gives them!



5 comments:

Nicki said...

It was so great to see you and your cute family. Sorry we didn't get to see Keith but thanks for taking some time out of the family to see us. Looks like you guys have had one party after the other. Got to get 'em in before baby number four makes "her" appearance. . . Can't wait to find out what she is;) Love you!

Nicole said...

Ok, so i know this is probably horrible, but my mom had a great garden when I was growing up, that came with it's fair share of snails. i would take salt and pour in on them and watch them wither away. Sad, hua? I am never going to teach my boys that trick...snail races are a much better idea!!

My Voice Marshfield said...

Thanks Pamela! I always love your comments on my blog--that way i know someone reads it! It's always fun to see what you all are up to and be inspired by your creativity!
: ) Lisa

shelbell said...

How fun for the kids. I bet the germs aren't too bad though! I haven't seen any of them at our place, but I bet Asher would go crazy!

Kina and Nathan said...

Hey Pam, how's life in Albuquerque? We got your blog info from Lindsay and Zach's blog, hope that's okay. I can't believe your kids, they are getting so big!! Right now, nate and I are living in Canada and we just bought a house here so we will probably be here for a while. I don't know if you remember but my parents acutally live in Albuq. When we are down for a visit we'll have to get together!! Tell Keith hi for us!

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates