Sunday, May 12, 2013


This Mother's Day was quite a big surprise for me.  Keith pulled off quite the treat for me.  For months, he planned a secret getaway for my Mom, sister and I.  We drove up to Santa Fe and had dinner, then we went to a Performance at the Lensic Theater.  After that we went to our fancy, two bedroom suite for a nice night of quiet sleep.  The next morning we had breakfast and then went to 10,00 waves where we had three hours of spa treatments!  We had a full body massage, salt rub and private bath.  It was amazing and so relaxing.  After that we had lunch on the Plaza in Santa Fe and then drove home.  I think the most incredible part was that keith took Caleb, Eli, Ella and Spencer on the Father's and Sons campout!  Yep, he took a five month baby (that nursers) overnight!  Is that amazing or what!  I pumped and Keith got up in the middle of the night twice to feed him.  That is true sacrifice for my happiness and I am so grateful for him.  

Sunday we went to Church and later had dessert at my parent's house.  I am so grateful to be a mother and that I get to be one to these 6 fabulous kids.  It is a hard, sometimes thankless job.  Yet it is also the most rewarding thing I have ever done.  I love to see them grow and develop their own individuality.  I am also grateful that I get to be a Mother with Keith as my companion.  I could not do it without him!  He sacrifices so much just to ease my burdens and I am truly thankful for him!

2 comments:

Cheri said...

What a relaxing mothers day gift. Sounds wonderful. That was a real sacrifice for Keith. What a sweet husband you have there. I like your haircut, looks cute.

Cairo Mommy said...

What a wonderful gift! You deserved it.

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates