Tuesday, December 18, 2007

That's Gonna Leave A Mark


We had our first major wound yesterday. Lauren hit her head really hard on the edge of our bed and gashed it open pretty good. I left the boys with a neighbor and took her to the doctor. I have to say she was very brave and didn't even complain. They cleaned it up and put in staples. I had always heard about staples but had never really seen them. They literally pull out a staple gun. OK not the metal one's from Lowes but it looks almost the same. Then they just stapled right into her head. Yikes! I hope we never have to do that again. We have to get the staples out on Monday, what do they use to get them out, a staple remover?

5 comments:

The White House said...

I am so sorry for Lauren but what a brave little girl and the adventure for you. Hope all is better.

Jana and Mario said...

Ouch! They have a special little tool that bends the staple in the middle and the two ends kind of bend up and out to take them out. I have done it many times. It is not that bad (usally the patient didn't really even notice). I am sorry that she got hurt!!

JoAnna said...

Oh man! That's nasty. Staples seem so much worse than stitches. How did she handle it all? Like the blood while you were driving to the hospital?

Tracey Fam said...

I am sure my time will come when we have to go rushing off to the emergency room. I hope my children will be as brave as Lauren. Cheri

Emmy Bludorn said...

Poor girl! At least when Ellie gashed her head open, she just got dermabonded. I'm glad she was so brave; that made it easier on you, I'm sure. Tell her hi for us.

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates