Sunday, May 2, 2010

Guys vs Girls Getaway

April was the month of fun for Keith and I. First, he went to Moab for four days with some friends. When I dropped him off he was so happy and excited, I don't think I have seen him that relaxed in a long time. I was so happy for him to have a break from his busy work schedule. They biked hard, had some amazing rides and really had a blast. Sadly I have no pictures because the batteries died on the camera.
Two weeks later I went to Women's Conference at BYU, this was my second time to go and I was really excited. I had to laugh because several men who heard about my trip commented that two full days of listening to church talks did not sound like fun. That is the difference between and man and a woman getaway!
Many of the talks were inspiring, I got to eat yummy BYU Creamery ice cream and see some amazing friends! Overall it was a very fulfilling trip for me. It made me reflect about how blessed I have been my entire life with truly incredible friends. Their friendships over the years have been such a blessing and a great source of strength and happiness.

The Salt Lake City Girls
Lindsay, Me, Melissa Orsak and Melissa Conlee
We all lived in Married Student Housing at the UofU while our husbands were in school. We spent hours together talking while our kids played. My heart warms every time I think about sitting out on the playground with them, sharing our parenting worries, seeking advice and commiserating on the life of a student wife. We would also laugh and just enjoy one another's company.

I ran into Lindsey Thomason, they moved from Alb last summer and we have missed them. It was so great to run into her out of the 16,000 women that were there


Tanya and I (yes that is snow on my head on May 1st even!)

Tanya and I met our first day of BYU. She was a couple doors down from me in the dorms and we formed an instant friendship. We have kept in touch over the years and it is so fun to get together when we are in the same place. She is an amazing friend, so truly kind and thoughtful. We had a great time staying up and talking. I love having such a great friend that we can pick up right where we left off. Thanks for a fabulous weekend!
Sadly, I forgot to take a picture when I met up with a beloved Mission friend Nicki. She was very kind to have me over to dinner with her family, which her husband cooked and was very delicious! It was especially kind because she is like 39 1/2 weeks pregnant! We were able to visit for a couple of hours and as always it was so great to see her. Serving with her definitely forged a bond that will never be broken. We were also able to be roommates after our Missions and we sure had a lot of fun! I am glad that we still keep in contact.


3 comments:

Hi I'm Lindsey! said...

Wow...I"m impressed that you have this up already. You are awesome! It was so great to run into you. Can't wait to see you guys this summer!

mama_pj said...

Looks like a super fun time! I am so glad that you got to go. I send my love. :)

Cheri said...

That is amazing. You were here in good ole Utah again and we didn't even know it. I guess we will be seeing you soon enough. That is so great that you have such good friends to connect with and keep the relationships intact. I am still searching for those kind of bonds.

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates