Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

We had a fun Easter weekend this year, I say weekend because we spread out the festivities over two days. On Saturday we went to a big Easter Egg Hunt that the neighborhood Association puts on. There were tons of kids there and games and things to do. The kids had a great time and got some candy filled eggs. Although it was more of an egg dash than a hunt seeing as all of the eggs were just put out onto a flat field. The kids did not seem to mind and had a good time. We come home and later that evening we did our Easter baskets and our own little egg hunt. Sunday we had a nice dinner with my parents and enjoyed the Sabbath day.

Brothers




Papa with Ella and Naomi



An Ella action shot, she enjoyed finding the eggs






The kids opening their baskets. The each got a book and a little toy and an egg with M&M's. I forgot to put in the sidewalk chalk that I got, oh well.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

I love Easter and having another excuse to get some fun things for the kids, but I tend to separate the Easter bunny portion also. We do the bunny part on Saturday also like you described. I don't do that with Christmas though. I think that I have finally decided that I feel Jesus' atonement and resurrection is just too sacred to celebrate along with a big bunny that delivers baskets.

mama_pj said...

Such cute pictures of the kids! I can't wait to see them!

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates