Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Decade



I cannot believe that a decade has gone by since our wedding! I can honestly say that it has been like a blink of an eye. I wish that I would have written a letter to myself right after we were married, and made some predictions of what this ten years might have looked like. I am sure that some things would be spot on, while others a complete miss. If anything it would provide some laughs. Keith and I love the analogy that we are like a rough, rolling stone and our hard, sharp edges are being broken off and polished down, I am so thankful that we are rolling together. This past ten years has helped me become such a better person. Marriage exposes your weaknesses and then allows you to strengthen them. Keith lovingly motivates me to try harder and do better. Not even so much as by what he says or does, but by his unconditional love and support. He knows my deepest vulnerabilities, but never handles them with anything but tenderness and concern. Of course we have had our trials, like anybody else, but we had them together and they brought us closer. We like to joke that we truly have become as "one heart and mind." We finish each others sentences, call each other at the exact same time, know each others thoughts by a simple look and so much more. Keith knows exactly what I need, without me ever even asking, and he always does it without complaint. I find myself making his favorite foods, doing special acts of service for him because I know that it will make him happy simply because when he is happy I am truly happy! I love the way that our marriage has evolved into a compatible rhythm. That we share inside jokes, knowing looks, a special touch all with a meaning unique only to us. They say that marriage only gets better with time. If that is the case, then sign me up for many more decades because this past one has been amazing!

6 comments:

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

Congrats to two of my favorite people!! I love the pictures of you two! I agree with you that the past ten years just flew by! SO wonderful to have such a lasting relationship!! Hope you have fun on your trip!! Love you guys!

Cheri said...

Look at all the darling children you have been able to bring into the world in the last ten years. They are so lucky to have such loving parents to each other and to them.

Hi I'm Lindsey! said...

You guys are so great together! This makes me miss you more! Happy Anniversary! So glad you got to go on a cruise...looks like you had a blast! We went on a cruise for our honeymoon to the Bahamas! Good times!

mama_pj said...

You are a wonderful couple! I am so proud of you and your wonderful family!

mama_pj said...

Looks like your cruise was super fun! Too bad you don't have a cabin boy at home to pick up after you! I loved being so spoiled on our cruise.

Evans Family said...

congrats!

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates