Writing the last few posts about the kids has got me reflecting a lot about motherhood. Someone once said of motherhood, "The days are long but the years are fast!" Boy is that true. It seems like just yesterday I was a new mother to my first little baby and now she is almost nine! When Naomi and Ella were playing the other day I just sat and watched them for awhile, enjoying the moment. I know how quickly the time passes and how much I want to hang onto those sweet memories. I want to freeze them in mind mind so that I can go back to them at anytime and remember how I felt and how the kids sounded and what they did. I don't ever want to forget how wonderful these moments can be.
I think that being a mom is hard work, with a lot of highs and lows. Some days the kids bicker, whine and disobey and I wonder, where have I gone wrong? I lose my patience and I get quick to anger with them, mostly I am angry with myself. At the end of those days, I resolve that tomorrow will be a better day. Then other days they play like angels, show incredible compassion and even patience and I wonder, can it get any better than this? My heart is filled with love and when I kneel to pray, I am grateful to be a mom. But most days seem to fall somewhere in between. I think that the lows reveal to you your weaknesses and help to refine you and the highs are the days that keep you going and make it all worthwhile!
So my resolve is to keep my perspective eternal, to live in the now and not waste my time away wishing for better days to come or longing for the past. But to simply be in the moment and just enjoy what I have right then. I know that there is nothing better I could be doing than being a mom!
I think that being a mom is hard work, with a lot of highs and lows. Some days the kids bicker, whine and disobey and I wonder, where have I gone wrong? I lose my patience and I get quick to anger with them, mostly I am angry with myself. At the end of those days, I resolve that tomorrow will be a better day. Then other days they play like angels, show incredible compassion and even patience and I wonder, can it get any better than this? My heart is filled with love and when I kneel to pray, I am grateful to be a mom. But most days seem to fall somewhere in between. I think that the lows reveal to you your weaknesses and help to refine you and the highs are the days that keep you going and make it all worthwhile!
So my resolve is to keep my perspective eternal, to live in the now and not waste my time away wishing for better days to come or longing for the past. But to simply be in the moment and just enjoy what I have right then. I know that there is nothing better I could be doing than being a mom!
3 comments:
Sage advice from a truely wonderful mother, wife, and friend. The first that comes to mind is that you are developing true charity. Maybe you could give me some pointers :)
I have many memories of happy days tucked away to recall and feel the sweetness of the time when the kids were small. Somehow, the tough days have melted away and all that remains in the sweetness and joy I felt being a stay-at-home mother. I love being a mom!
I couldn't agree more with this post. You're such a well rounded mom :)
Post a Comment