Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dinner Prep


I think that most mother's of young children will agree that they dread preparing dinner each night.  The cooking isn't so much the problem as keeping the kids occupied and happy is!  When dinner prep rolls around my kids are usually tired and hungry.  They all claim they are going to "starve to death" even though they had a snack after school.  I am trying to cook dinner, supervise homework and keep the little ones from getting into mischief, which is no easy task especially since I am tired and hungry.  Naomi LOVES to help in the kitchen, but her help usually involves taking all the tupperware out of the drawers or opening a container of flour, etc...  The other night I set her up at the table with some bowls of water and measuring cups.  She scooped water to her heart's content and was happy as a clam the whole time I made dinner.  By the end she has pretty much spilled all of the water, but hey, I am happy to clean up some spilled water over a bag or spilled sugar any day of the week!

1 comment:

Creative Stirrings said...

You are sooo clever! I am going to use this one too! Thank you! I loved reading up on your sweet family. They are all growing up so fast. You are a remarkable mother and wife. I am glad we are friends!!!

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates