Friday, February 8, 2013
Chinese New Year
I wanted to Celebrate Chinese New Year with the kids, so I went and bought some decorations and planned a dinner. I knew I wouldn't be able to pull off cooking a fully authentic meal so I ordered take our from Pei Wei and it was so good! Each child had a place setting with their name translated into Chinese (thank you Google). We had a great time eating and learning a bit about China and the Chinese New Year Celebration. One of the traditions of the holiday is that parents give their children red envelopes filled with coins. I found the perfect envelopes and filled them with chocolate coins, the loved it. Keith had to work late so he only got to come to the very end of it, but in all I would say it was a very successful evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are so creative! I love it!!!
What a great way to learn about another culture, by celebrating their new year. I love the names in the chinese characters.
Post a Comment