Saturday, September 21, 2013

Wood badge Widow


Dear Keith,
Since you had to be out for town for three different weekends for Wood badge, I thought I would write you a little letter about life at home while you were gone.  While you were enjoying the great outdoors and singing songs about beavers and other woodsy animals, the kids and I held down the home front.  The first weekend things went fairly smoothly, minus Spencer throwing up all over. We had Michelle Reitz and her kids over for dinner, seeing as she was a fellow Wood Badge Widow.   I guess it can't be considered a true one parent weekend with out one kid throwing up, it's Murphy's Law.  The following weekend I got Eli to Soccer practice and had some friends over for dinner.  The third weekend we cleaned all day on Saturday and I refinished a dresser for the girl's room.  I gave the kids a long list of things to get done.  I only had to ask them about 25 times instead of 50 to get their work done, so I will count that as a great success.  To celebrate we went to Costco for dinner and had ice cream, we really know how to party! All three Sundays, I got the kids up, fed and dressed and we were to 9:00am  Church 20 minutes early, wahoo!!  I even took care of all six of them by myself, I think I should get some kind of Scout Survival patch for that. Overall, I would say it was a success, but we sure are glad that you are back. We also enjoyed hearing all your stories about buffaloes and such.

Love,
Me

2 comments:

mama_pj said...

You definitely deserve an award for holding down the fort while Keith played in the woods! :)

Cheri said...

I sure know how you feel there, Pamela. I think you are able to get a lot more accomplished while your honey is away. I just try surviving mostly.

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates