When I heard that they were Dedicating the Gilbert Temple and anybody could get tickets I decided that we needed to go. I really wanted the children to have the opportunity to go inside the Temple. I was hoping they would feel the Spirit and remember that experience forever. I want them to gain their own testimony of the Temple and a deep desire the live worthy to go for their whole life. We were able to get tickets for Martin Luther King Day and Keith was able to get that Monday off. We drove out Friday after school. We went to the dedication Saturday afternoon. Gayle and Mark were able to meet us which was really nice. The Temple is absolutely incredible! It is one of the most beautiful building I have been in. The grand staircase is so breathtaking. Keith and I really want to make a trip back so that we can attend a session and enjoy the beauty.I think the kids really felt the Spirit and so I am grateful that we were able to take them. Sunday we went to church and then to the Mesa Temple. Monday we surprised them and stayed at the Hilton Squaw Peak which has a fantastic water park. We swam all morning and into the afternoon. Then we drove back home. It was such a nice getaway and I am really grateful that we were able to be together in the Temple.
Saturday, January 18, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment