Monday, December 14, 2009

Compassion


My Lauren has always had a very compassionate heart. She is always looking for ways to make other people happy. If she sees someone that looks lonely she makes it a point to go up to them and say, "Would you like to be my friend?" She has always shared her toys and has never been possessive at all. Her motto is, if you want it you can have it. Her teachers always comment that she has such great compassion at such a young age. It is so heartwarming to watch her be so compassionate and kind to others. She has a cute little friend Jackson. I knew his mother growing up and now we live by each other again and have kids the same age. This morning Lauren asked me if I had a box she could use. I said sure, and asked her what she needed it for. She told me, "Jackson said that his mom does not have a lot of jewelry. So I want to wrap some of mine up to give to her. I also made a card."
I am so grateful to be a mother and to see these little glimpses of the pure love of Christ!

3 comments:

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

I bet I know who she gets that from ;)!!

Evans Family said...

What an awesome I love being a mom moment.

Hi I'm Lindsey! said...

What a cute story. There's nothing more fulfilling than to have your kids do things like that. What a good girl! We miss her as a friend for Brooke.

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates