Dear Tooth Fairy,
I feel that I need to write a letter of explanation in hopes that you will not think us negligent parents. Loosing a tooth is a very important rite of passage and anxiously looked forward to by any child. Our daughter Lauren is no exception. When the first lose tooth happened we were very excited for her. Although I did not realize that meant someone would have to help pull the tooth. So when it came time to pull Lauren's first tooth I quickly offered the opportunity to Keith. Of course under the guise that I would defer and let him have the honor of pulling our child's first loose tooth. Here is where I must divulge some info about us. Keith and I are squeamish when it comes to blood, wounds and the cutting of any body part. Well Keith stepped up and pulled the tooth for our very excited daughter. Afterwards he confided that it made him feel sick in the tummy. From that point on, neither of us was very eager to pull any teeth. Little did we know our six year old would be quite the prolific loser of teeth, 9 to date and she is only six years old! I did give an attempt at pulling a tooth but quickly decided that it need to be a bit more lose to correctly do the job. As a result our little girl has had teeth get so lose they are barely hanging on and has pulled them all herself, minus the one her kind Kindergarten teacher pulled and sent home in a cute tooth box. We hope that you do not think less of us for our inability to pull teeth and know that we do love our children dearly!
Sincerely,
Pamela and Keith
(The weak stomached parents)
PS Do we get any extra credit for that fact that we leave you very clean teeth?
Friday, December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think that the tooth fairy understands your dilemma and is willing to forgive you due to your clean teeth. :) Since Lauren has started losing teeth, Gabriella is so excited for hers to start coming out. She asks me almost everyday when she will lose her teeth.
haha! Love it! I am grateful for Michael's willingness and ability to do this!
You rock! I love it! : )
Post a Comment