Saturday, December 12, 2009

Creative Genius

I am not a very creative person. Organized yes, efficiency, yes, but give me raw materials and tell me to create, no. I am more of a see someone else's creative idea and copy or adapt it. So when I see my children do creative things it makes me feel so happy and proud. The other day I was binding some quilts for Relief Society and Caleb was playing near me. He saw that there was some strips of fabric that I had cut off and didn't need. He asked if he could use them. Then he went and found a box and went to work. I could see that he was drawing and using the fabric strips somehow. A while later he came to me and said, "Look Mom, I made a rocket blaster!" He did the entire thing on his own, I was so proud of him!



5 comments:

Emmy Bludorn said...

Wow, look at that. It's always fun to see our kids be better at something than we are!

Anonymous said...

He must have some of my creativity in him.

mama_pj said...

I love the busy minds of kids...they are such thinkers! I love how neat Caleb's haircut looks. What a handsome boy!

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

I LOVE it!! Your kids are such cuties!!

Evans Family said...

Love IT!!

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates