Monday, April 5, 2010

I Hope They Call Me On a Mission

I am currently serving in the Primary Presidency, and last week we had our quarterly activity. We set up a mini mission for the kids. They were dropped off by their parents in the Missionary Drop Off Zone, the front foyer. There they received a mission call, name badge, bag, and flag of their country. Then we went into the chapel where they were addressed by the Mission President, me. That was kind of a fun stretch! Then they divided into their Missions and went to class where they learned about the culture, people, learned a few words in the language and got to taste some food. After their MTC class was over they came back to the gym and went to different stations. There was an Investigator Village set up where they got to practice tracting and talking with people about the gospel. There was letter writing to the missionaries from our ward. There was also a scripture game. All in all, I think it was a great success and the kids had such a good time.

Lauren went to France. Here she is trying some french bread and Nutella, she also got to try some yummy goat cheese.

Caleb practicing his door approach in the Investigator Village.
Caleb went to Italy



Elder Eli in his MTC class.
He went to the Ivory Coast and got to sample some of the native fruit and chocolate.



4 comments:

Hi I'm Lindsey! said...

What a cute idea! And what cute birthday pictures! I can't believe he's 4! Time flies!

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

That sounds like a fantastic activity! I am sure all of the kids will remember that one for years to come!

mama_pj said...

Looks like it went great! The kids will make great missionaries! Love all of you so much!

Cheri said...

That is so clever. I am in charge of our Primary activity for August. It looks like I might just use another one of your great ideas. Thanks for doing all the work now I just get to copy it.

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates