Sunday, April 18, 2010

They Can't Say I Never Let Them Have Some Fun

I am sitting at the computer listening to Eli and Ella laughing hysterically. Technically they are supposed to be going to sleep. But it is so cute to hear them having so much much fun that I can't bring myself to go up there and have them settle down. I figure with enough laughing they will finally wear out from exhaustion!
The kids have thoroughly enjoyed the warmer weather and we have been outside a ton. The other day we had some fun adventures. Caleb and Eli dressed as "spies" and went on secret missions in the backyard. After they tired of all that undercover CIA work, they all decided to make mud cakes. Ella has no qualms whatsoever about getting dirty so she jumped right in the middle of it. Boy was that girl covered in sand from head to toe! Every crack and crevice had to have sand cleaned out of it. They played in the mud till their heart's content for hours.

Ella and Caleb digging in the mud. I like how she accessorized with a necklace to go and dig in the mud.

The CIA agents testing the strength of the zipline they rigged between the playhouse and swingset.



All in a day's work for Super Eli!



5 comments:

Jana and Mario said...

I love your pictures, they are so cute! Tis the season for mud pies, mine have been busy making them too.

Cheri said...

Looks like the boys are taking on some of their dad's engineering mind. Ella's got it down; you still can look pretty even if you get dirty.

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

They are so very cute!! I love it!! So like Ella to have a necklace on while getting dirty, she is so cute!

Greta Henricksen said...

That is so fun. I am glad that you can let them just get messy and have fun. I know it is hard to do that sometimes when we think of cleaning up afterwards! :)

mama_pj said...

Spring is such a fun time and being able to get outside to play is great fun! The kids look like they were having a fantastic time and learning new great ways to make mud pies...one of my personal favorites!

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates