Friday, July 23, 2010

A Midsummer Night's Dream

Amanda Allen had a Shakespearean Party to celebrate her 30th birthday. Each couple was invited to come dressed in character and perform a short skit or scene. I am not one to do any kind of acting so it was a bit of a challenge for me. Keith and I decided to go as Cesar and Brutus. Easy costume and very easy to accommodate a 39 week pregnant belly. The evening was a blast! We saw some great scenes, ate yummy food and of course enjoyed visiting with everyone there.

The Paterson's doing a hilarious skit of a Sonnet! Some people are so creative!

Keith as the dead Cesar. He was just glad that he could hold the awesome sword. I don't think it was historically accurate for our scene, but it worked!



The Spread



The musical performance afterwards. Several of the ward members are in a drum group and play each week. They gave us a sampling of their skills, it was pretty cool. Brother Henry is on the left, playing the metal tub. He is an incredible musician and plays more instruments than I can count. He travels and learns how to play these amazing musicians from all over the world. Hey, he can even make a metal tub sound good!




2 comments:

Nicki said...

Sounds like you've got some pretty creative friends--too bad I'm not one of them:) I had to catch up and read about your summer. I was so sad to miss you while you were in UT. Can't wait to hear about the baby! GOOD LUCK!

Cheri said...

We heard you had your baby on the 31st. I hope everything is well with you and baby.

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates