It is back to school time already, I can't believe how fast the summer went by! The kids were very excited to start school this year. It makes me reflect back to when I taught 2nd grade. Of course then I wasn't even old enough to be a 2nd grader's mother, and now I am old enough to have one! I have such great memories of my teaching days. I hope that Lauren loves 2nd grade as much as I did.
Last year Lauren did a rotation in Mrs Kuchar's class for the end of the year. They really hit it off and Lauren hoped that she would get her as a teacher for 2nd grade. When we found out that she did indeed get her this year we were both excited. Mrs. Kuchar is the coveted teacher to get for 2nd grade. So far it is going really well for Lauren and she is so happy. I was also excited to get this email on Friday:
Hi! I'm sending along a few photos of Lauren I took in class today. I have only known Lauren for a few days, but I must tell you that she is truly an exceptional child!!! She is kind, caring and helpful! She is mature and responsible. She is happy and cheerful. She works hard and pays attention to everything. She is a JOY!!! I feel incredibly blessed that Lauren is in my class.
You must be amazing parents to have raised such a fine daughter. Lauren told me today that you just had another baby two weeks ago. Congratulations!
Mrs Kuchar
It was definitely a highlight of my day to get that email. First, to know that Lauren has a great teacher that appreciates her and that Lauren is so happy. Second, to get some positive feedback as a parent. It doesn't come often so it is comforting to hear, maybe I am doing a good job!
We were hoping that he would get the same teacher Lauren had since we loved her so much, however he did not. So far I have been impressed with Mrs Flemming. She is ultra patient and very loving and nurturing, exactly what you want in a kindergarten teacher. I hope that his great start is an indication of how the rest of the year will go!
On Saturday Ella was getting into mischief inside to Keith had her go outside to play. I looked out at her and she had set up a picnic again all by herself. She even had a little plate of dirt that she was pretending to eat. She was so happy and just playing all by her little self. It made my heart melt to watch her so content. After watching her awhile I went out and sat by her and we chatted about her picnic. It was definitely one of those memories that you want to lock in your mind and reflect back to often.
3 comments:
I love reading your blog - it makes me feel happy! You have such a lovely family :) I also LOVE those Costco ice cream bars! I'm glad the start of the school year is going well. AND, the pictures that Pam took of Naomi are so beautiful - hers are among my favorite newborn pics ever! I keep wanting to call you and say Hi, but I only seem to remember during hectic times for me, or what I imagine are the hectic times of day for you! One of these days! Until then, take care - I'm thinking of you guys!!
Just had to catch up on all your doings! You take motherhood in stride so well. I can't believe the summer is over and school is in full swing. Looks like everyone is making the transition well and sweet little Lauren is proof of how amazing you are!
What fun times for your family. I know what you mean about taking snap shots of moments and keeping them in our minds to reflect on later. It is good you blog about them so that you can look back and read about them. That always takes me back to that moment. You are such a wonderful mom. Keep up the good work. You have some very precious material to work with.
Post a Comment