This week I went from this:
To this:
Naomi Tracey
July 31st, 2010
4:58 am
19 1/2 inches
7 pounds 12 ounces
Little Miss Naomi was born this past weekend and things went really well. All day Friday I had contractions. That night at about 9:00 we took the kids over to my parents and left for the hospital. We got checked in around 10:00pm and I was dilated to 3cm, since my water had broke (a first for me) the contraction were strong and about 4 minutes apart. They got us into a room and at 4:00 am it was time to push. I pushed through about 5 contractions and she was born. It was a very calm and peaceful birth, so we felt very lucky. Right after she was born she made the cutest squeaking sounds, the midwife and nurses and us as well thought it was so cute and endearing. So she earned the nickname "Squeakers", our shortest time yet for giving a nickname.
The kids think that she is pretty fabulous and want to hold her all the time. Ella definitely senses the dynamic change and wants more attention, but she loves the baby very much. Naomi is doing so well. So far she is calm and very content, she eats well and is easy to get to sleep. We hope that all those traits will continue! Having her here reminds me how much I love a newborn. I love her tiny hands and feet, her pouty lips and soft skin. I love holding her close and the way she curls up and snuggle in my neck. I could hold her for hours and I have to admit I have a hard time putting her down. I have to admit nothing melts my heart like watching Keith with her. I want to soak up every minute because I know how short it is. When your life is measured in only days old, the time flys by. It only slows a bit when you move into measuring age by months and then years. So for now I am going to hang out at home, ignore the dishes and laundry piling up, and enjoy every moment of my wonderful newborn!
9 comments:
Congratulations! Naomi looks great and so does Pamela. I am so happy for the entire family and can hardly wait to see the new addition! Love to all.
She is perfect!!! Congrats and enjoy!
She is beautiful! Congratulations. I am so happy everything is going smoothly! :0)
Beautiful! I love what you wrote - Naomi is a blessed, little baby to join your family!
Another beautiful baby, Pamela! Congrats to you and Keith. :)
CONGRATS to you and to Naomi on getting to come to such a great home!!! She's beautiful and I can tell she fits right in with that Motley Crew--your face says it all. I can't believe you're in charge of five;) Good luck to you and I hope you really will let those dishes go but somehow I seem to think that you will do amazingly well with all you have to do--you always are:)! Lots of love
She is beautiful guys!! Looks just like Ella!
Sorry this is so late...I've gotten behind in checking your blog. She is beautiful, congrats!
I can't believe how far behind I am on blogs, but better late than never, right? Congrats on the new arrival! She is so precious.
Post a Comment