This year, everyone from Keith's family who was able to make it, met up in Arizona for a vacation after Christmas. We first met up In Prescott, AZ where we we opened gifts together and also walked around Watson lake. It was nice to spend some time together relaxing and enjoying the warmer weather. Then we headed down to Phoenix. We had a picnic with Mark's children and finally got to meet the rest of them. Keith, the kids and I went to IKEA to get some home items that we needed. The kids had a blast there, everybody loves that place. That night we went out to dinner at Cafe Rio, yummy! Then we went to see the lights at the Mesa Temple. I was surprised at how crowded it was after Christmas, but we had a lot of fun and it was so beautiful! By the end of that day I was spent. We went the Hotel to check in. Online, I found this great deal at an amazing Hilton Resort with a Water Park. The kids were really excited about staying there. It did not disappoint. When we pulled up I felt a bit out of place, I am sure they thought our 12 passenger van was the linen delivery, because it was super fancy! I was just glad to get to sleep that night, I was exhausted! The nest day we spent the whole day at the water park. They had a kiddy pool, a lap pool, two water volleyball courts, a hot tub, a lazy river, a water fall, water slide, miniature golf, tennis courts, basketball and a whole western village set up complete with shops and restaurants. It was so neat! We had to drag the kids out of there. We decided it is the perfect place to have an extended family reunion. especially in the Winter when it is cold everywhere else. Gayle and Mark and Jana's family had to go back home so they swam a half day and we all had lunch at Chipotle. Then they headed out and we swam some more. We stayed another night and so we were able to enjoy the water park some more. The drive home was nice and quiet. It was a very nice and relaxing vacation.


2 comments:
Sounds like a great trip! AZ is definitely the place to be in the winter. :)
Wow!that hotel sure does have the works. Were you able to take advantage of all they had to offer?
Post a Comment