This year I was really excited to plant my garden again. I did almost all of it from seed which was really exciting. I did 4 varieties of tomatoes, Sandia chili peppers, onions, bell peppers, cucumber, squash and watermelon. Sadly the squash bugs ruined the squash plants and something kept eating my watermelon plants, after three tries I gave up! I definitely learn something each year that I garden so I am hoping that my harvest will get better and better each year. It is very labor intensive to get up each morning to water the garden, but I actually found it very relaxing to be out there. This year I decided to make pickles with the cucumbers, they turned out so good. The kids eat them up as fast as I can make them. My friend Tami invited me over, along with two other friends and we canned 28 pints of salsa, it was a lot of fun!
Friday, August 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment