While we were in Taos, we were getting ready for bed and Grandma Gayle called us saying they needed some green chili and wanted to come down and see us. We definitely appreciate the need for some good green chili, but we explained that we were in in Taos and headed to Red River the next day but they were welcome to join us. So the next morning they got up and made the long drive down. The kids got to visit with t em before bedtime and then we stayed up chatting. The next morning we got up and had breakfast then we walked around the town a bit. It is so beautiful up there. We checked out some of the local shops. We tried to race on the go-karts but for some reason they did not open. We opted for picking out treats at the candy shop and some homemade fudge, delish. Then we did some good old fashioned roller skating. When I say we, I mean Keith skated with the kids and Gayle, Mark and I cheered them on. We were also disappointed to discover that the grocery store did not have green chili yet. Since they could not bring any green chili back with them, we opted for the next best thing, having green chili cheeseburgers for lunch. I was worried the local ones wouldn't be that good but they did not disappoint, in fact they were delicious and homemade fries to boot! Afterward, Mark and Gayle had to make the long drive back and we headed back home. Taos, Red River and Angel Fire are along along the "Enchanted Circle" it is a beautiful loop drive that links the three. We had already driven most of it by this point and so we continued through to Angel Fire then we veered of a slightly different way home. I read the map wrong and we ended up taking a dirt road 10 miles out of our way. We didn't mind because the drive was so beautiful. There we rolling hills, lush green vegetation, mountains, forests and lakes, it was so incredibly relaxing. We drove by Salman Farms, a U-Pick raspberry farm and restaurant that I have been wanting to check out. I didn't realize it until we had passed by and a few of the kids were asleep so we didn't stop. I am definitely thinking future road trip there!
Monday, September 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We had a great time! Thanks for letting us stay with you in your cabin! Love you!
Sounds like you had a good time. I like the picture of the rollerskating tumble. Poor Keith he has a lot farther to fall than these kids do.
Post a Comment