Saturday, September 15, 2012

Soccer Season

Well, its official, I am now a "Soccer Mom".  In the past we have not signed the kids up for soccer, I just wasn't sure if we could handle the time commitment, I didn't want to be running kids all over town for practices and games.  This Summer Caleb and Lauren did swim team and Piano, plus Lauren has Activity Days and Caleb will start Scouts soon.  So I decided to sign Eli up for soccer for the Fall. I thought it would be a great sport for him since he loves to run and there are a lot of friends his age playing, and it could be his own thing that he gets to do.  I wasn't sure how much he would like it, but it has gone really well so far.   We didn't have a coach for our team, so Keith and Corey Reitz, a friend from the Ward volunteered to coach together.  Keith has really gotten into the role and is enjoying the coaching aspect.  Lauren and Caleb come to the practices to help out and we all go to the games to cheer.  I am glad that we are able to spend the time together.  The first two games have gone well, I have to admit it is quite comical to watch them play.  But they all have a great time and work hard which is the most important part!

Naomi and Papa cheering

Keith doing soem coaching while the kids eat the half-time oranges

Eli going for the ball

The look of concentration

3 comments:

mama_pj said...

Go Eli!!!!

Evans Family said...

Way to go Eli! Isn't it fun to be a soccer mom? The thing I love is watching the other kids support their sibling.

Cheri said...

Just the outfit on Eli is worth getting him into soccer. He looks so cute.

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates