Sunday, August 18, 2013

2013 Garden & the Fruits of Our Labors

Gardening is a hobby that I really enjoy, I find it very relaxing to work in the garden and tend to the plants.  It is also very rewarding to see your hard work turn into something wonderful.  And of course, nothing beats produce fresh from the garden, oh so good! Each season I learn from my mistakes, so hopefully in a few years I will have a really good garden.  This year I tried some new plants, which was a lot of fun.  Thankfully we had lots of rain so the garden really grew well.

Tomato perfection

Caprese Salad with tomatoes and basil fresh from the garden

Cantaloupe that are taking over

Tomatoes and peppers

Green Beans

Broccoli

Yellow peppers

Tomatoes and Green Chili

I canned pears and Marinara sauce along with the kids favorite, pickles!

Lemon cucumbers

Strawberries

Cherry tomatoes

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy looking garden! I was happy with my few tomatoes and strawberries but need to learn more of your tricks. Also, what a beautiful crew you have! We are back in school too and can't believe how fast everyone is growing up. Crazy.

mama_pj said...

Your garden looks amazing!

Maile Fano said...

All those look so yummy!!! I missed having a garden this year, but we were in the middle of moving at the time of planting season. Can't wait for next year!!!

Cheri said...

The picture of tomato and basil looked so good I started getting quite hungry.

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates