Friday, August 23, 2013

Brothers


Raising boys is really uncharted territory for me.  I grew up with only one sister and I only had one boy cousin among many girls cousins.  So needless to say I have virtually no experience to draw upon when it comes to raising these boys.  I am so glad that I have Keith's great wisdom and experience to draw upon.  He frequently reassures me that it is perfectly normal for boys to be loud, messy, and to think that toots are totally hilarious! I take the job of raising boys very seriously.  I want them to be strong, faithful and valiant. I want them to know how to work hard, to be sensitive to the promptings of the Spirit, to be obedient and to know how to really serve.  I find it is a delicate balance of letting them be boys and yet helping them grow into men, but just not too fast OK!  

1 comment:

Cheri said...

You are an amazing mother who relies upon the spirit to raise her children which is something we need more of. You are an incredible example to me.

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates