Today was a day of total humiliation and frustration. This is how it all began:
Right when we moved here I was johnny on the spot to get our cars registered. So I went down to the MVD (New Mexico calls it that instead of DMV). That should have been my first clue that this would be no easy task. Well I couldn't register the car because we didn't have something showing our current address since we were just staying with my parents. She suggested a changing our car insurance over, but they won't do it until the car is registered in the state. what a run around! Since it was such a big hassle I decided to just wait to register the van until we are moved into our house, especially since it would be such a short time. Well last week I got pulled over by the NM police for having expired Utah plates. What is up with that? I explained my dilemma and he let me off. So I decided to try and register the car. In the meantime, a part on our emissions system went bad so we failed the test. I replaced the part and failed the test again. We replaced another part and finally passed the test. Needless to say by this point I am pretty tired of the whole car thing! So I get all my paperwork and go over to the MVD. There is a huge line. I take a number, 97, and they are only on 63. Knowing the speed of government workers I figure it will be a 3 hour wait. They had this playhouse so the kids started to play. Of course Eli had to squeal because the kids closed the little door and he wanted out. I am trying to keep them quiet and playing well. All of the sudden over they make this announcement over the loud speaker:
"Parents, please keep your kids quiet in consideration of other people waiting"
What the heck? I wasn't pinching them or egging them on. Of course nobody trys to help me and they just look at me like I am an alien! I was so humiliated and also mad! Why not hire more people so there is not a 3 hour wait. I picked up the kids and left! Me being the glutton for punishment I went to another MVD. This time there was a small wait. I got up with all my paperwork and Eli ran out, so I had to chase him. Finally we get things going and their computer system went out. So guess what, they tell me to come back! I seriously wanted to go postal. But I remained calm, put all three kids in the Winnebago(double stroller) and went home. Needless to say, Keith is going to register the car on base tomorrow.
6 comments:
That is so dumb. I totally feel for you. Josh is a screamer. I do everything I can to curb it but for heaven's sake, he's got his own mind and it's certainly not a possibility to never go out in public. Maybe instead of complaining about kids, other people could see the haggard parents doing everything they can to keep them and their kids sane and could either give them a break or help out. We're not all isolated in this world and a little consideration goes a long way. I would have been embarrassed as well if that voice over the loudspeaker had been talking about me. I do the best I can but a 3 hour wait?! What, exactly, are your options?!
Emmy
I'm so sorry, days like that I go out and get a relief treat (chocolate anything) for putting up with crazy non sense. You deserve a gold medal.
Victoria
OH MAN!!! That is too much! That's where you need to cover your mouth with a pillow and scream!!!
Oh my goodness! I feel your pain. This is almost unreal that it just kept happening to you. Good luck and hopefully you won't have to worry about this again :)
Emily Decker
Um, yeah, we've been here since june and have not changed the registration on our car. Doesn't expire till December. P.S. Hi to Emmy, Victoria (White?), joanna, and Emily! How are you all?
Love, Liz Rose
I can so relate to your MVD expierence. I have lived here all my life and remember so very well what is like with small children. The last time I went to register a car I took my number and patiently waited for my number to be called. After calmly waiting for two hours my number was called. I jumped up out of my seat and yelled BINGO. The whole place was rolling. I learned early on there were some things I didn't take my children too. DMV was one of them.
Aunt Joleen
Post a Comment