
This morning I was trying to send out an important email. Of course my email was not cooperating at all and I was getting frustrated. My kids were in the room demanding my every attention, thus adding to my frustration. Mind you I had spent the morning devoted to their need.s I was even still in my robe because I hadn't had time to dress in order to get them breakfast. They kept asking me for things and continuing to demand my attention. So I did what any good mom would do, I stopped doing my email, paid full attention to hem and spent the next hour reading them books and telling them stories from my childhood. Yeah right, I turned and said, none to nicely I might add, "Why don't you go and watch a cartoon on PBS." To which, of course, they gladly complied with. Why are kids only 100% compliant when it involves tv or sugar? Of course my tv guilt kicked in and I was feeling like a bad mom. My only consolation is that they watched Super Why, which every time they do they learn new vocabulary and letters.
4 comments:
I have found myself doing that so many times! It's always an immediate "Okay, mom" if it's tv and I know that and use it way too often. They totally get out of my hair, which is the opposite of what I should be wanting with them!
I totally hear you. I always just make up for it with extra books during reading time. ;)
Hello! I am so excited to get to see your blog, the last time I tried it said it was restricted. Anyway, it looks like your transition has been just fine. It is so fun to get to see your kiddos. Oh! don't worry about the TV thing, I think we all do it!
LOVE it! I totally thought you were serious when you said you stopped and read them stories... LOL! So true!
Post a Comment