
I hope that everybody had a Happy Earth Day on the 22nd! I found some fun facts about Healthy Choices we can all make and how much they help the environment. these are all pretty easy as well. So enjoy.
1. If every household in the USA used their own bags for groceries just once a year, we would save 60,000 trees! So imagine if we did every week. Plus most stores give a bag credit. I get about $15 a year just by using my own bags.
2. Changing just 1 bulb to compact fluorescent in every household in the US would reduce air pollution as much as taking 1 million cars off the road for a year. Not to mention the savings on your electric bill!!
3. Turning down your heater thermostat by just one degree saves a lot of money — and over 800 pounds of carbon dioxide emissions each year. You should also turn down your water heater to 115 degrees to help protect your kiddos from burns. Both of these will save a ton on your heating bills!
4. The Personal Climate Change Calculator at the American Forests website, http://www.americanforests.org/, lets you calculate your personal carbon dioxide emissions and offers a way to offset the CO2 you can’t eliminate by planting trees that will absorb it. This is pretty cool.
There are so many ways to be "green" that are simple and easy. If you have any great tips let me know.
1 comment:
On earth day one of the grocery stores offered a free reusable bag for bringing in 5 plastic bags, so I did it. I used the reusable bag today and I love it! I am going to start buying one a month and build up a supply of them. They make carrying the groceries so much easier and I am doing a little bit to help the environment. Thanks for the info about how we can all do our part.
Post a Comment