Well, the big day finally arrived, kindergarten. It was all Lauren talked about the whole summer. She counted down the days in anticipation. Everyone she met, whether she knew them or not, would quickly be informed of how many days she had until kindergarten. To say that she was excited is an understatement! We went and met the teacher and had our special meeting. The day finally arrived, Aug 14th, and I drove Lauren to school. We played on the playground. Then he bell rang and it was time to go in. We walked the kids to their desk and got them all settled, then it was time for the parents to go. Suddenly Lauren was not so excited. She burst into tears, serious heartache tears and clung to me. She whispered that she did not want me to go. This coming from the girl who when she started Nursery the first day said, "See ya mom!" I gave her hugs and reassured her that the day would be wonderful and I would be thinking of her all day! Luckily the assistant came and took Lauren onto her lap. Lauren was actually the only one crying. The parents then left and went to a "Cheers and Tears" breakfast that they had for us. I checked back later and Lauren was doing well. She came home at the end of the day and said that she liked kindergarten but that it was a long time to be gone from me all day. I guess it feels good to know that your child really does love you!
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I am the one who cried when I took Keith to his first day of Kindergarten. Please tell Lauren how proud I am of her and she looks adorable in the first day of school pictures.
hugs and kisses from Gramma
She's so adorable! How exciting for you, too!
Wow, I can't believe the day has arrived for you guys so soon! Our school doesn't start for another week. Can you believe it has been over five years since they were born? Poor little Lauren, all excited and then it hits her all at once! She looks so cute all ready for school. Ellie has been going back and forth on the whole thing - she is so excited but then starts to get nervous about being away from me all day long.
Keep us updated on how it's going.
Wow, going to school. I am getting a little anxious about that idea myself for Gabriella, but that won't happen for a little while. She is so excited to get to go to school, but we will see what happens when it finally hits her what it means like it did Lauren. Lauren looks so cute in her school outfit!
I hope that no one is crying on that day, because it won't be Sam if someone is. Sam has had two years of preschool and time away from me, he even asked me during the summer why I wouldn't take him back to school. I don't know if Elizabeth will be so easy as she starts preschool. She is excited but gets very cold (and still) feet in new social situations.
I am so glad I found your blog, I don't know if you remember us from the UofU village days, but I was just thinking of you guys the other day, wondering where you were and how you were, You're GREAT, obviously! We miss temple trades and I miss my great VT partner and friend! Thanks to Marla's new blog I found you and I think your family is sooo cute! Makinzie is starting kindergarten on Wednesday, I can't believe everyone has grown up! You'll have to look at our blog too...tyandfam@blogspot.com
Love,
Andrea Gasser
Ah, she looks so cute! Can't believe she's such a big girl now...I totally agree with Lauren though...a full day of Kindergarten is a long time to be away from home!! Poor kids!
What a great first day for her. She looks so adorable and excited.
Wow! How fun that she counted down all summer, but so hard when they cry as you try to leave. She is so cute and I cannot get over how much she has grown up this last year!
Post a Comment