The other day I had to go somewhere and came back to this:

Keith was feeding Ella her first cereal! I was so sad. That means she is no longer a little baby, now she is just a baby. Before I know it she will be driving and dating boys, aghh!!! It just goes way too quickly. I know that sounds crazy to many. The sleepless nights and endless diapers, but I really do love everything about the baby stage. I feel like the moments with them as a baby are so short that I want to hang on as long as possible. I really do cherish these times and I just can't get enough of my Ella Bella! When my children are grown I want to look back and have no regrets of time spent with them. So whenever I am feeling overwhelmed by all my household tasks I think of this poem and how it is really ok to just enjoy the moment:
The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep
4 comments:
I love that poem! I think the hardest part of being a mother is that as your children are growing and gaining independence, you are losing who they used to be; a newborn, a baby, a toddler, etc. Of course, it's wonderful to watch them grow up, too. It's bittersweet... maybe more sweet than bitter :) Thank goodness for pictures and blogs to record all those moments as they pass!
I completely agree with you!!! I too love the baby stage, sleepless nights and all! It is so hard to watch them grow up, we love them always, but it's hard to watch them get bigger so fast!! I can't believe Ella is eating cereal already!!And I haven't even met her yet!!!
I love that poem, too! This post describes you so well! You are such a great mom and have such cute, good kids. Thanks for reminding me of what is always most important!
ella bella - so cute!
Post a Comment