Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Flashback


When I was in elementary school, we went to a party at a family friend's house. A group of us kids were digging a huge whole when one of the parents came over to ask what we were doing. We informed him that we were digging a hole to China. I don't know what we thought we were going to do once we got there!
-Fast forward 20 years-
The other day I was out in the yard with the kids and Caleb showed me all these holes they were digging. He said, "Do you know what these are for? We are digging a hole to China!" I had never told him of my same ambition when I was his age. Apparently some ambitions transcend the generations. I asked him what he was going to do once he got to China. His reply, "Eat China food." Seems like a perfectly logical response to me.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

We always dug holes to China when we were kids, too. Funny!

Summers Family said...

If we had all collaborated, I think we might have actually made it!

Picture to blog title:
Customize,
Edit on the header,
Then you can add an image, it gives you a choice between your computer and the web.
If you need better directions, I will try again - good luck!

mama_pj said...

Joleen and I had a BIG hole in our backyard that we were digging to China. We worked for weeks on the project (well, maybe it only seemed like weeks), and we never made it. My mom never discouraged us and I have decided that she was happy to have us tired from our efforts at the end of the day. Happy memories! Maybe I will make Caleb some sweet and sour chicken, so he can enjoy the food whether he makes it to China or not.

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates