1. Decide to finally get with it and update the master bath, paint like a mad woman and get all new fixtures. Decide to surprise the hubs and have it all done when he gets home!2. Pick out sink faucets, call Lowe's ahead to make sure they have it in stock.
3. Load up kiddos in minivan and go to Lowe's and purchase said faucet.
4. Forget to ask if I need any other supplies.
5. Go home and read instructions.
6. Cheer, it says it will only take 12 minutes to install.
7. Laugh- Instructions have warning that reads "have the local plumber install." What as if I live in a town so small there is only one plumber!
8. Began taking old faucet off.
9. Run downstairs to get tools I need
10. Lay under sink while 3 year old holds flashlight
11. Run downstairs to get more tools I need,
12. Realize there is no way in you know where this is going to take only 12 minutes.
13. Get stuck, call Lowe's to see if they can help over phone.
14. Make some progress then get stuck again.
15. Call Lowe's, lady tells me they are out to lunch and call back in an hour.
16. Can't wait so I hang up and call home Depot, I'll show them!
17. Phone rings and rings, get mad, hang up and call a different Lowe's.
18. Very helpful man listens while I describe my predicament using such technical words as "thingamabob and whojigger".
19. Make more progress using the advice he gave me.
20. Get stuck again when I realize the supply line seems stuck.
21. Don't want to break any pipes so I stop and seriously consider have "the" local plumber come and install it.
22. Load the kids in the car and drive to Ace
23. Very nice grandpa man asks if I need help, boy do I ever.
24. Tell him I need a new supply line.
25. He asks how long, I pause for a long time then reply "About as long as my forearm!"
26. He laughs then proceeds to measure my forearm.
27. Buy supply line and head home. Turns out my body measurement was quite accurate.
28. Realize I will have to bend and whack old supply line to get it out.
29. Decide to finally give up and have the hubs help when he gets home
30. Hubs returns and I show him my mess.
31. Go to book club and receive the much needed love and understanding from my fellow friends. Have great conversation, eat yummy food and go home.
32. Discover hubs is putting finishing touches on sink faucet.
Side Note: We didn't just replace the fixture we also replace the drain as well. Poor hubs had to clean out all the hair and nasty stuff in there. Since we are not the original owners that meant he was cleaning other people's nasty gunk. What a good man he is, He shall be justly rewarded!
10 comments:
LOL I love it!!!Oh I wish I could have been at book club with you! What a good man!!
I wanna see a picture of the finished project!
What book did you read?
We just did some of Chaucer's Cantebury Tales - made me laugh.
I completely understand!! You are a great woman to even attempt it :)
Wow - you run marathons and now this!
I am forever impressed -
Love the listy-story! Made for a great read and a good laugh.
Yeah for husbands who are unafraid of gunk.
I couldn't do it.
Enjoy the new faucets!!
I want a picture of the painted and redone bathroom, not just the faucet!
Count of Monte Cristo, in one month? You are amazing, it is summer, how do you do it?
I love this becuase it sounds like something I would do!...but i don't think I will tackle a sink quite yet.
Lol, I have replaced all the bathroom sinks in our house now. The first one was a mess, but after that the other 3 were easy. I made Mario replace the drain part, it was gross. The bath tub... now that was a huge mess and I will NEVER do that again.
Wow that sound like an episode from the "Cosby show".
HOLY COW! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. You are AWESOME for attempting that on your own. Whojigger. I almost peed my pants thinking how that conversation would have gone if I ever dreamed of attempting something that complicated over here. WELL DONE!
you rock Pamela! I am all empathy--i needed to laugh today so THANK YOU!
Post a Comment