As a mother to four, soon to be five kids, I am slowly starting to figure a few things out. I emphasize, slowly and a few. Children are definitely born with their own unique personality. There is not much you can do as a parent to change that. I have also learned that as a parent, the things that happen in your home and the choices you make impact their behaviors and attitudes. Each of my children are very different and yet somewhat followed the same growth tendencies and behaviors. None of them were climbers, they all stayed in their beds(no matter what the bed was), they never really got into cupboards or drawers. That is until now, Ella has broken all the rules set by her predecessors! Oh she had us fooled for awhile. The first year of her life she was the easiest baby, I do not exaggerate. The kid never cried. People would constantly comment to us on how happy Ella was and how they have never once seen her upset, cry or anything. She was just content and happy to be. The one day, right around when she turned one things changed. She is still the happiest kid you will ever meet, but the hidden adventurer hidden deep inside decided to come out. And boy it did with a vengeance. I find this girl all over the place. At least several times a day I hear, "Mom, Ella is into _____!" or "OH NO, ELLA!" She has to explore and experience everything, often times resulting in some mischief. But no matter the mischief, she is still so happy, you just can't get too upset with her
Let me just say, Vaseline does not clean up easily.
I do have to admit, at times it is exhausting to keep up with her. Deep down inside I don't think I would have it any other way. I love her excitement for life and her curiosity, her infectious smile and super bear hug. And as I have seen with the other kids, this time is so short that when it is gone you can't help but want it back!
5 comments:
That is SO William!
It's fun and it gets even better.
Those pictures made me smile...only because Paige is exactly the same and I has done almost all of those herself. I'm sure they would have been great friends if we were still there. How are you feeling?
Hilarious!!
Congrats on #5!! You're amazing!
Ella is giving you lots of great stories to tell.
She sounds so much like little Blake. So curious and full of adventure. He has fallen off the top bunk more than I can count now...
Post a Comment