Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Week in Photos

Thanks for all your great comments on my Sunday Post. Hopefully it came across as I intended, more of a joking look at the plight of a mother rather than the rantings of a mother at wit's end. All your thoughts really made me feel good. Keith assured me that I worry way too much and put too much pressure on myself. So this Sunday I decided to relax a little and you know what? The kids really do well (for their age at least). I think that is really what you have to do as parents, keep setting expectations and working hard at it. Then one day those principles will be as important to your kids as they are to you! Someday when they are grown, they will come to me and lament about their own kids being reverent in Church. We can look back at my post and laugh!
I decided to post some of my favorite pictures of our happenings over the past week:

Caleb and his best friend Abby. She lives a couple of houses down. The are the cutest friends and play so well together. Here they were racing and Caleb noticed he was ahead. He stopped his guy and waited. He leaned over to Abby and said, "I will wait for you until you catch up and then you can go ahead of me." I have to admit my heart totally melted when I heard that. It is such a good feeling to see your child be truly kind to someone else.

I walked into the bathroom and found this. Even the natives need to lay down their weapons of war for a potty break.



Unfortunately this is how my sink looks almost everyday. I have the cooking down for the most part, but I have to admit dishes are my least favorite chore.



I came into the kitchen to find this scene. Ella had climbed up on the chair next to Lauren while she was doing her homework. Ella just had to be doing the same thing.



The other day I woke up to snow and it did not stop the entire day. It was so beautiful, I love a good snowstorm. The next day the sun came out and melted most of it.



Eli and Lauren snuggling on the couch.






4 comments:

Lorilee said...

I loved you sharing your favorite pics for the week. How fun. Amen to your chruch experience. I know Heavenly Father must look down and smile to know that we are simply making an effort. Sorry you had to experience all of that.

mama_pj said...

I love the pictures of the week. What precious memories you are making! Sending my love! XO

Hi I'm Lindsey! said...

Fun pictures! It made me miss you guys and ABQ:(

Emmy Bludorn said...

So, for the dishes; I have gotten so sick of them. I just can't handle it at this stage of my life when I am constantly cleaning or picking up. A few weeks ago, I bought a 250 pack of paper plates and I swear I will never go back. My life has changed dramatically. I don't care about the environment when my life is so much easier.

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates