So awhile ago my friend posted a funny story. It got me thinking, hmm, if I was in that situation what would I do.
So she is on the PTA and made friends with another mom on the PTA. This other mom was involved in an accident that left her with amnesia basically. She could not remember her husband or kids. Slowly she relearned everything, including her family. Of course I am sure she relied heavily on her family telling her what things were like before the accident. So one PTA meeting my friend is sitting next to this lady, who also tends to just say things out loud. The PTA meeting was about the 5th grade Maturation lesson. This lady leans over to my friend and says, , "Did you know that you do not have to do "IT" every night, my husband just told me that a little while ago. I told him I can't believe that we used to do this, I am exhausted." My friend of course just about died laughing. When I read her story I did too. So that's what got me thinking, if my husband had amnesia and relied upon me to tell him what life was like before, what would I say? Here are a few I can think of:
1. Why yes honey, you did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen every night while I sat and read a good book.
2. You did all the grocery shopping and scheduled all appointments.
3. You took all the kids to the doctors, dentist, etc and sat in the waiting room for hours.
So what would you tell your significant other?

7 comments:
Oh, I can think of a lot of things I'd let Ryan know that he used to do. How about a back rub every night, that he actually hates school and never wants to return, and the list could go on and on. Love the jury summons story too. That does sound pretty good:). Hope you are all well.
Yes, Hal you always have insisted on teaching the children how to drive, and have always been the one to wait up for the kids from dates,and you always made the dinner menu for the month, shopped and prepared it. You always have supported me in getting pedicures and manicures pretty much every other week! And given me a weekly spending allowance of $200 for whatever I what! I'm sure with more thought, I could come up with better ones!
Yes, you take care of all the bills.
Yes, you love your 1994 Saturn and never want me to drive it.
Yes, you were always able to fall asleep while I had my light on still reading a book. My noisy page turning never bothered you either :)
Oh one more!! Yes, you love to watch the 6 hour Pride and Prejudice movie with me :)
Oh, honey it has always been your job to clean the bathrooms every week!
And you love romantic movies!
And you love to do yard work with me so we can spend time together accomplishing a goal!
I can't believe you don't remember.....
How important it is to pluck your unibrow
How much you loved to replace the empty toilet paper roll before it runs out
To actually look before you ask, honey where is the? (insert anything; peanut butter, screwdriver, milk, light switch, ect....)
& most of all how important it is to let your wife sleep in on a weekend... as long as she wants
He'd be told we were in the process of selling our house, moving to the beach, buying a sailboat and learning to surf. :)
Post a Comment