Monday, November 23, 2009

Family Fun

Whenever someone I know is moving in, I ask them if I can have some of their boxes before they get rid of them. Then the kids help us come up with something to create from them. We have had some really fun creations in the past. This time around we were inspired by a friend of mine and decided to build a castle. Keith and the kids planned it out and we went to work. The kids had so much fun cutting and taping. They played for days with the castle until it was finally recycled.

The building phase
Our trusty engineer kept us on track

The boys working the drawbridge.
Keith designed a little pulley system to raise and lower it.

A window just the right height for Ella. Not only did she love to look out, she also discovered she could put things through there. For days we found the castle filled up with random items


Another view of the mighty fortress. I couldn't get it all in.



2 comments:

Nicki said...

Wow, What a castle!!! I'm back in touch. I can't believe how big Ella is getting---where does the time go? Hope you are all well and that Eli hasn't worn out his lips lately:) That was a cute story.

Maile Fano said...

That is such a good idea. I know my daughter would love to have one of those. GREAT JOB!!!

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates