Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Motherly Musings

I have been meaning to blog forever about some random things. I am finally sitting down to do it.
Sleep, I really love a sleeping baby, who doesn't? Every night I go in and check on the kids before I go to bed. I love to see them all snuggled up in funny positions. One of my favorite memories is of Lauren and Caleb. They have always shared a room. When we were in the Student Apartments I went in their room for my nightly check. Lauren was not in her bed. I looked around the room and couldn't find her. I walked over to the crib and there she was snuggled right up next to Caleb and they were fast asleep. This continued for many nights. It was so cute. I only wish I could have taken a picture. To this day they love to sleep in the same bed.
Eli and Ella have shared a room as well. She got to the point where she no longer nursed during the night at around 10 months. But sometimes she still woke up. One night I started to go calm her and waited. Little Eli, in his footy jammies went to the side of the crib, put his arm through and stroked her back while he sang her a song. She went right back to sleep. From that point on, whenever she woke up he would do the same thing and always got her back to sleep. Every morning he climbs in the crib with her and they laugh and play until we get them up.
I love these moments and just writing about them warms my heart. I hope that I will never forget them.
Now for some funnies:
The other day Caleb came home from spending time with my parents. He looked at me in this very serious way and said, "Do you know what the World Serious is?" I told him I did not. He then said, in a very matter of fact way, "It is baseball."
The other day we were driving by a house that was having major landscaping done. There was one of those portable potties outside. Caleb said, "Wow, did you see that? They have a potty outside. We should get one of those so we can just go outside!" Apparently indoor plumbing is not much of a modern marvel for a 5 year old boy!
And last of all, I completely forgot to blog about this event from the Balloon Fiesta. We arrived there and I had a little talk with the kids about staying close by. There are thousands of people so we didn't want to get separated. I told them what to do if we did get separated. Well about 5 minutes there Caleb got separated from us. I started looking around feeling that bit of panic. Someone noticed I was looking and said they saw a helper take Caleb to the help station. I found someone to point it out to me and ran to get him. Sure enough he was there. I love sign on the building:

I guess they are right, Caleb knew exactly where he was, I was one of the "Lost Parents" We had a sweet reunion and went on to have an awesome time at the Fiesta!

2 comments:

My Voice Marshfield said...

So heartwarming!
Thanks Pamela!
: )

Evans Family said...

Love it! Isn't being a parent awesome?

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates