Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tragedy

Tragedy struck recently when our dishwasher broke. For most people this would not be a tragedy, but I really dislike doing dishes. In fact I would venture to say that it is my least favorite chore. So the thought of doing dishes for a family of seven was really depressing. The first day I thought I would get to the dishes "later". Well of course they started to pile up and then I really did not want to do them. Later turned into much later. I decided to switch tactics and use paper products so as not to add to the huge pile. I finally hunkered down and did a ton of dishes by hand and it didn't even seem to make a dent. I got wise and recruited the kids to help me. Here are two of the "helpers" in action:


Apparently Ella thought it necessary to be naked to do the dishes. I think Keith would be happy if I adopted her approach. We were finally able to get a new dishwasher and Keith installed it. Well it is actually a used dishwasher, but it is vastly superior to our old 1994 model that sounded like a jet engine taking off. I am so thankful for a dishwasher that works and that dishes are no longer piled up in the sink, well for the most part that is.

4 comments:

Emmy Bludorn said...

Check out that bum! Awesome!

Nicholas said...

love, love, love it! You definately should adopt that approach, it would do something for ya I'm sure.

Hi I'm Lindsey! said...

I am still laughing! I love it!

Mandy said...

Dishes by hand - my worst nightmare. I did that for 2 years during the MBA and hope I never have to do it again!!!

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates