Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Typical Day

I thought it would be fun to post some pictures from a typical day around here. Although, with five young children there is really no such thing as a "typical" day. In fact most days are filled with crowd control, domestic maintenance, refereeing, messes and cleaning up messes. Did I mention cleaning up a LOT of messes! It can be really easy to feel discouraged and at the end of the day wonder what I did all day because there is not much to show for my hard work. So I try and just enjoy the small and simple things, like my children playing, or a snuggle and even the antics of my 2 year old. Because really, the small and simple things are also the greatest things!

Ella was really upset the other night. I turned to see Caleb comforting her. I love it when I see my kids being truly kind and all on their own!


Ella called out, "Mommy, look at me!"
Caleb had done her hair in curlers and she was so thrilled.



Naomi being quite serious. She is growing so quickly.



Caleb, Lauren and Eli decided to form a band. They practiced in the living room for awhile while I was making dinner. The next thing I know they were out in the front yard. I went out to see what they were doing. They told me that they wanted to play for people coming by and to earn money. While I had to admire their entrepreneurship, I told them that maybe tonight they should play inside.



Ella loves to have you read to her. Sometimes it will be the same book over and over. I love this shot of Keith reading to his girls.




For some reason my kids really love to walk around with a bucket on their head. This time it was Ella with the Lego bucket.




Ella and Caleb building Legos together. That afternoon Ella played for an hour all by herself.


2 comments:

Jana and Mario said...

I know what you mean when you look around at the end of the day and you are exhausted and it looks like you didn't get anything done. You are a great mom and your kids love you. Someday our houses will be spotless and we will want the kids back to destroy. Thanks for reminding me to enjoy the little things!

Greta Henricksen said...

Your family is so precious. We really miss all of you guys.

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates