Friday, October 1, 2010

Eli the Ebayer

Since my camera lens broke I have been lens shopping. I have been researching on the internet to see what I wanted to get. The other day I was looking on eBay and left the screen up so that I could later show Keith some lenses. I had forgotten about the screen and that evening Keith was working on the computer and said to me, "You bought a lens?" I told him that I didn't. He said, "Well it shows here on eBay that you bought a lens." I did not I assured him, I think I would remember if I bought a lens! I ran over to look and sure enough there on the screen a page showing that we had bought a "Star Gazing Telescoping Lens. I started to panic, how in the world did that happen. Then I remembered that Eli had been over by the computer and doing something earlier. I had asked him to stop but did not go over to see what he had done. I had just assumed he was pretending to type like he likes to do. Apparently he had navigated to some Buy IT Now lens and because I was logged in he was able to purchase it in one click. Well I started to panic some more, I certainly did not want a very expensive star gazing lens! Luckily there was a message in our inbox that the item we ordered was out of stock and so the seller canceled the order. Of course I only read the message after I had shaved a few years off of my life from the anxiety! Lesson learned on my part, NEVER leave any account logged in.


This photo makes me happy. Eli loves to talk to Naomi and to interact with her.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Thanks for a good laugh. I am hoping I will learn from that. I love ebay and have been known to leave things up while having my attention pulled to something else.

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates