Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Vacation Review

I love to travel! I like to see new places, meet new people and try new things. This trip was no exception. We logged 2700 miles and 42 hours in the van, that is a long time in the car. I would do it all over again because we had so much fun. San Francisco is a great city, there is much to see and do. Although I don't think that I could live there, it is just too busy and there is not enough space. The kids did amazingly well and had such a great time. I am sure the kids will tell you that swimming at my sister's pool was one of the highlights. We pretty much had to drag them out of the pool each time. Those kids love to swim! We got to spend a lot of time with family and experience some really neat things. Part of the joy for me was watching my family enjoying something new and exciting. Of course I fell in love with my husband for the millionth time. I love watching him be such an amazing father! He truly delights in doing things with us, even if it means 42 hours in the car. As much as I love to travel, I also love to come home. It was a wonderful feeling to walk into our home again and feel the peace and know that this is where it is all about!

Lauren and Ella modeling their outfits from China Town

5 comments:

Nicki said...

So fun to see all the things you guys did in San Fran! That makes me a little sad too about how I left my heart there. Glad to see you all survived it and I think you are some brave people! Are you coming for Women's Conference this year?

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. I can't even imagine how huge those trees were!! I am a little jealous, I'm ready to get out of town!

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

Wow, definitely a lot more to do out there than in West Virginia. Sorry your vacation here was such a drag compared to all the things you did there!! Those trees really were amazing, something I would love to see one day!

Maile Fano said...

Your vacation sounds like it was sooo much fun! The girls looks so cute with their outfits. Cliff and I want to do more vacations with just our family instead of just going to visit family. I can't wait to take our first trip this summer hopefully to the Grand Canyon.

Cheri said...

You are both truly amazing, patient people if you can endure that much time in a car. The girls look so darling in their china town garb. I'm glad you had a wonderful time and didn't let the car time make you go insane.

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates