Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Winter Swim


Lauren and Caleb love to lay down this blue blanket and pretend that they are swimming. They jump from the couch onto the "water". Notice that Lauren is wearing her swimsuit over her princess dress. I told her that she has to wear some clothes under her swimsuit because it is too cold to wear it alone. So that is what she chose to wear underneath. Today was a beautiful 50 degrees so we were able to go to the park for a couple of hours and play. They went to a friend's house while we went to the leadership broadcast. Then we came home and played outside some more. I am very ready to have consistently warm weather!

2 comments:

Emmy Bludorn said...

Come to Texas - our kids went "swimming" yesterday. It's not warm enough to get in but Matt likes to take them wading in our pool. Invariably, one of them, or all, jump in or get in most of the way. It's usually warm enough outside (just not the water) that they're okay.
Lauren and Caleb - way to use your imagination! And I love the dress/swimming suit ensemble; not something I've tried before.

EBD said...

Oh! I am so glad to hear this - my kids do the same thing. They FILL up our family room with blankets and we swim. We even have a designated hot tub (by the kids!) So I totally understand. It is so fun to keep up with your doings.

Emily

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates