
This is Lauren's quilt. It was the very first quilt that I ever did and can I tell you it was a labor of love! I created the design from a picture that I saw. I decided to do the whole thing by hand, little did I know how labor intensive it would be! Every single stitch was done by me. In the end it took hundreds of hours and two years to complete. I really had fun doing it though.

Here you can see the yellow border where I stitched flowers in.

Each butterfly was appliqued with a blanket stitch (you can click on the picture to see it bigger) Then I stitched a swirl flight pattern around each butterfly.

I learned a lot from the first quilt and decided to go a bit simpler on the next one. I really wanted to do sailboats. This one was fun to do as well.

I stitched stars into the border

On the background I stiched a wave pattern so the boats would look like they are in the water.
7 comments:
These are beautiful!! Piece quilting is something I've always wanted to learn to do!
Awesome! Those are incredible.
Wow, I would not have the patience to do that. Good job.
you have seriously been busy. They are a true treasure for your children.
WOW!! Did you do Caleb's by hand too? I never knew you knew how to do this. Why didn't I have you give me classes while at BYU?
WOW! That is all I can say...
I am totally impressed. Your quilt looks awesome.
Post a Comment