Sunday, May 4, 2008

My Girl's Weekend

For my Mother's Day I asked Keith if I could go up to Women's Conference. I have never been before and had always wanted to go. It worked out well with our schedule this year so I did it. It was so awesome! I flew up on Wednesday and hung out with some of my favorite ladies in the world. A big group of us that lived in Married Student Housing got together for a picnic with our kids. We had fun talking about life and kids. It reminded me of the good days of sitting on the lawn with them sharing our mommy woes and worries and of course funny stories. We would share our best advice and give support. I am so thankful for how much they helped me and for how great they were to my kids! After the picnic I got to hang out with my friend Melissa O. We talked and talked and of course I was inspired by all of her creative ideas. I was sad to say goodbye, the time went by too quickly. Thursday and Friday was the Conference and it was amazing. I left feeling inspired by the talks and ready to be a better mom and wife. President Monson spoke, it was so awesome to be in the same room as him. Sister Dew gave an incredible talk. They will rebroadcast on KBYU so check it out. Melissa C and I spent the whole conference together and we had a blast. I was so mice to just relax and talk with her. In the picture above we are packing school kits and the service project. It was such a cool experience to be in that room filled with thousands of women all doing service! I also got to stay with my good friend Tanya and catch up a bit. We met my first day that I moved into the dorms and I am so grateful to know her. I even got to see some family and visit at a bridal shower for a new sister-in-lay Kelli. So now it is back to work. My handsome hubby did a fabulous job holding down the fort. Apparently the kids were perfect angels for him and the house was spotless when I got back. I am glad they had such a good time together.

7 comments:

Ryan said...

I am so sad that I didn't get to see you!!! Why didn't you call me? I loved Women's Conf too. That was a special time. When is the next time you are coming up here? I'd LOVE to see you and tell me again when sweet little baby number four is due. You look so cute!--This is Nicki

Emmy Bludorn said...

Sounds like a fun trip - I'm glad you got to make a visit back to the village. I do miss sitting out on the playground with a group of adults while the kids run amuck and play.

In Good Company said...

we tried to make it to the picnic, but by the time i got there everyone was gone. I thought about going to Melissa O.'s apt, but I didn't. I'm so said we missed you. Next time we'll be a little bit more together. Leann and I are glad you had such a fun time.

Julie Church said...

I'm sorry I missed the get together. I bet it was great to see all of the Village friends. I'm glad we have blogs to keep in touch though!

The White House said...

So good to see you and have a fun chat. You look fabulous. What a treat to go home to a clean home, that is so thoughtful.

EBD said...

It was so much fun to see and chat with you. I totally agree that the village was such a good time for us - and it reminded me of the times of sitting on the lawn and chatting and solving all the world's (or at least our family's) problems.

Nicholas said...

It was fun to hang out with you when you were in town. Too bad the time went so fast. We miss your cute little fam. Much love, the Nicholas'

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates