The next portion of our trip was in the Ozarks, or "Noah's Arks" as Caleb thought it was called. I learned a little something about the Ozarks. The Ozarks is a region that covers northwestern Arkansas, eastern Oklahoma and southern Missouri. It is very beautiful and green with rolling hills. We camped in the Ozarks National Forrest which is located within the Ozarks region in Arkansas. We stayed at White Mountain which is the highest point within the National Forrest. We literally camped on the edge of a cliff and it had a 1 1/2 mile ridge trail all the way around it. So we had an amazing view of the entire region. We stayed in a rustic cabin built by the WPA after the Great Depression. The kids had a ton of fun making S'mores, hiking and playing in the lake.
Friday, June 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow. What a neat family vacay. And what a cute family!
I found a tic crawling on my thigh today, one week later! I hope you are still looking for Rick on the kids. We had so much fun we should do another trip soon. Lily has been moping around the house since you left I think she misses the kids.
The vacation/road trip sounded and looked like a load of fun. I bet you loved being outdoors and just simply haning with the family for oodles of days. How wonderful. I love the 10 pound diaper. How silly.
I'm so jealous!! I love long road trips - even with kids. Your trip reminds me of the kind my family took when I was young. Love the tent, the train burger place and how Caleb called it "noah's arks" - So fun!! Enjoy.
Post a Comment