After three nights in the Ozark National Forrest we went to Eureka Springs. It is right on the Missouri and Arkansas border. Is is this really cool old town, they have some beautiful old hotels and vacation cottages. Most of the buildings date to the late 1800's. The streets are really narrow and super hilly. They weave through the tress and are nestled against the hills. The homes are beautiful and the downtown area has all sorts of fun shops. We took a trolley tour of the town. If you haven't been there I highly recommend it! We camped for two nights on Lake Leatherwood. The campsite was really nice, they had a playground for the kids and a boat docks and fishing. The even brought in some sand for a little swimming beach. We went out on my dad's raft which was a lot of fun.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That looks like the coolest place ever! I am adding it on my "must see" list. FUN!
Wonderful pictures! I am glad you had such a great time. Allen and I are definately going to have to check out Eureka Springs!
XO
Beautiful! What a sweet picture of Keith with the baby.
Post a Comment