Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Vacation-The Kansas City Portion

After 5 nights of the Ozarks we headed up to Kansas City to stay with my sister and her husband. My sister hosted a nice BBQ for the extended family and we had a really good time visiting. Sadly I only get to see them about every few years, so it is always nice to catch up. We took the kids to a really cool restaurant called Fritzs. The inside is set up like being in a train car. Your little booth has a window that looks out to scenery. The kids wear train hats. You place your order on a phone and there is a train going around the ceiling that drops your food down to your table. Of course the kids were so excited and loved it!
The kids and I went to the Independence Visitor's Center. They have some really neat exhibits set up. I probably didn't get as much out of it as I would have liked because I was trying to wrangle the kids by myself. So I am adding to my list of places to go because I definitely want to go back!

Caleb Ordering
Train that goes around the ceiling to deliver food



Our food being dropped down



We went to a lego exhibit. This artist had built these incredible things all with legos. The kids loved this one of the man building himself.



Kids outside the Visitor's Center




The had a cool room full of kid sized pioneer things they could play with





We stopped by the house I lived in when I was first born







1 comment:

Evans Family said...

FUN!!! The restaurant looks so cool. It looks like you guys had a blast!

 

These Are the Days | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates